I think the disclaimer is enough, and hope the furor over this dies down
soon. We have real enemies to fight, and fighting against Canonical (or
ensuring it never reaches profitability) will not fix bug #1.

For the people that have a problem with the behavior, Canonical has made it
exceedingly simple to disable it.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Jono Bacon <j...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Grant Bowman <grant...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> For discussion:
>> http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/12/07/on-richard-stallman-and-ubuntu/
>>
>> I am trying to reserve judgement but the 12.10 install I tried seemed
>> to sacrifice privacy a little too easily and I don't like the idea of
>> money being made by default from Ubuntu for Canonical. At the same
>> time I don't agree with all of what RMS said but some of what he says
>> is true for me. http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/ubuntu-spyware-what-to-do
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> "I don't like the idea of money being made by default from Ubuntu for
> Canonical"
>
> What is the objection about Canonical making money in Ubuntu given the
> millions of dollars invested into Ubuntu?
>
>     Jono
>
> --
> Jono Bacon
> Ubuntu Community Manager