I attempted to upgrade my tower from 13.04 -> 13.10 via the GUI
and afterwards the command line but no success.  My machine
has an SSD for the boot drive and /tmp pointed to real RAM.

The GUI downloads the 2-files in the very beginning and then brings
up some error message.

I include below the output from using a terminal to try and upgrade
in-case something catches a friendly eye with a suggestion.

I can always try backing up the HOME directory and do a fresh install but
was curious
how I can potentially do the upgrade.

Cheers,
Bob
--
# update-manager -d

** (update-manager:15159): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility
bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-5rvCQU6kts: Connection refused
Checking for a new Ubuntu release

** (do-release-upgrade:15270): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to
accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-5rvCQU6kts:
Connection refused
authenticate 'saucy.tar.gz' against 'saucy.tar.gz.gpg'
extracting 'saucy.tar.gz'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DistUpgrade/DistUpgradeFetcherCore.py",
line 305, in run
    raise ex
OSError: Can not execute '/tmp/ubuntu-release-upgrader-khert3/saucy'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/do-release-upgrade", line 152, in <module>
    fetcher.run()
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DistUpgrade/DistUpgradeFetcherCore.py",
line 310, in run
    _("This usually is caused by a system where /tmp "
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/DistUpgrade/DistUpgradeFetcher.py",
line 50, in error
    return error(self.window_main.window_main, summary, message)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'window_main'