Is it okay for a relatively simple end user like me to come to the Ubuntu
Global Jam?  I have an extra machine that I can use for install testing,
for example.  I know about 20 simple BASH commands, and I have been using
GNU-Linux since 2000, but never have been able to go very deep beyond the
GUI.  For example, I set up a VM machine on my Zareason laptop, but left
myself a ridiculously small amount of SWAP space (or something like that).
In other words, a little knowledge can be dangerous.  But I would like to
bring my extra machine, as I am able to do basic simple kinds of installs.
Thanks

Christian Einfeldt