I just added an agenda item regarding the use of Meetup.com to promote public events in California.

There is currently a proposal to integrate Meetup with the LoCo Directory so that LoCos that wish to use Meetup will be able to add an event to the LoCo Directory and have it appear at meetup.com as well, and integrate with the RSVP system.

We discussed the use of Meetup.com last December and the results were inconclusive. If this proposal goes through, Canonical would provide Meetup.com sponsorship for interested LoCo teams and I think between that and the LoCo Directory integration, along with Ubucon and SCALE 14X looming on the horizon, this is the perfect time to revisit the topic.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/