David Planella was kind enough to write up the announcement for the upcoming Ubucon Summit:

UbuCons are a remarkable achievement from the Ubuntu community: a network of conferences across the globe, organized by volunteers passionate about Open Source and about collaborating, contributing, and socializing around Ubuntu. The UbuCon at SCALE has been one of the most successful ones, and this year we are kicking it up a notch.

I am thrilled to announce the next big event in the Ubuntu calendar: the UbuCon Summit, taking place in Pasadena, CA, in the US, from the 21st to 22nd of January 2016, hosted at SCALE and with Mark Shuttlework on the opening keynote.

During these two days, the event will be structured as a traditional conference with presentations, demos and plenaries on the first day and as an unconference for the second one.

We will also have two tracks to group sessions by theme: Users, for those interested in learning about the non-tech, day-to-day part of using Ubuntu, but also including the component on how to contribute to Ubuntu as an advocate. The Developers track will cover the sessions for the technically minded, including app development, IoT, convergence, cloud and more. One of the exciting things about our community is that there is so much overlap between these themes to make both tracks interesting to everyone.

The full announcement is available here:

http://davidplanella.org/announcing-the-ubucon-summit/

Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more details about the Summit, revamping the global UbuCon site and updating the SCALE schedule with all relevant information.

http://www.ubucon.org/

About SCaLE:

SCaLE 14X – the 14th annual Southern California Linux Expo – takes place on Jan. 21-24, 2016, at the Pasadena Convention Center. As the first-of-the-year Linux/Open Source software expo in North America, SCaLE 14X expects to host more than 100 exhibitors this year, along with nearly 100 sessions, tutorials and special events

SCaLE is a community run open-source and free software conference held annually in Los Angeles.

https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/14x

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/