hey luke, i don't even know how to force the card to use the 2.4ghz band. my
other laptops have no problem at all it seems. they only have 802.11b/g/n cards
and they seem fine. i can get closer to the router with my lenovo and it does
get better but it seems to drop the signal anyway periodically. i can sit on
the couch which is about 20-25ft from the router and it's just as intermittent
as it is in the bedroom which is farther away. but, there's a wireless camera
behind my head when i sit on the couch so i could switch sides and check it
out.

how do i force it to choose n?