Hi everyone,

As you may be aware, we have been operating as a trio of leaders for
the past several years. Due to changes in the team, back in May we
voted[0] to ratify changes to our leadership document to allow more
flexibility with regard to the number of leaders, including just a
single leader. With this in mind, we're rebooting our call for
nominations that was first attempted back in December of 2016.

So here we go! Please send emails nominating yourself or other people
as replies to this email or add the nomination to the nominations wiki
page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership/2017

If you have questions, please read the newly updated leadership document:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership

Feel free to post follow up questions as replies to this email, or
contact me privately.

The nomination period is open through July 9th, and voting will begin
on July 10th after our meeting on the 9th where we confirm the
candidates, see below for details. The nomination period does cross
the 4th of July holiday, but we're hoping that this actually helps
voter turnout for folks like me who are doing LoCo work in their free
time (so we're catching up on holidays and weekends!).

=== Timeline ===

* Nomination period begins: today (2017-06-26)
* Nomination period ends: 2017-07-09
* Election begins: 2017-07-10
* Election ends: 2017-07-23
* Result announced: 2017-07-23

Reminders will go out throughout the process, and note that if there
are not enough candidates this timeline is likely to change.

=== Constituency ===

All members of the Launchpad group at
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-california are eligible to run and vote
in this election.

=== Position ===

Ubuntu California has a leadership team, or individual, who make
decisions about issues that cannot be decided by consensus. This
position is required by our leadership document, and helps to prevent
prolonged indecision.

Team leader(s) have tended to chair our IRC meetings and take point on
event logistics, though we encourage do other people to get involved
in these tasks.

Note that this position is separate from the position of LoCo Group
Contact, which does not expire and is chosen through our normal
decision making processes rather than an election.

=== Nominations ===

Please add nominations of yourself and/or other people to the wiki page at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership/2017

You can instead nominate on the mailing list if you'd prefer, and I
will add the relevant details to the wiki page for you.

Nominees must confirm that they accept their nomination. They can
proactively do this by contacting me, and I will contact anyone who
doesn't do so to confirm.

=== Voting ===

Once nominations have been confirmed, I will create a poll on
http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/ and your ballot will be emailed to the
public email address associated with your Launchpad account. If you do
not receive a ballot within a day or so of the election starting,
please contact me and let me know.

If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks everyone!

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2017-May/002802.html