On 08/10/2012 09:39 AM, Scott Garman wrote:
On 08/09/2012 03:54 PM, Nathan Williams wrote:
Thanks, Scott. I look forward to reading your write-up. I'm looking
at picking up a new laptop later this year, and am currently torn
between lenovo and a macbook. I'm sure your writeup will come in
handy to many folks looking at running ubuntu on the newer hardware.

- nathan

FWIW I'd recommend taking a close look at the upcoming Lenovo X1C
Ultrabook. Had I known that was coming out later this month, I would
have held out for it. It's just as light (3 lbs) yet has a 14" 1600x900 matte LCD screen, and a keyboard I expect will be at least as good as the one on the MBA.

Scott

/me drools... thanks for the reco, that's a good looking ultra-book. 14" is about the minimum i'm willing to go on a laptop since my wife and i decided to go desktop-free, but from what i'm seeing, this would be well worth it. ultra bonus points for tpm, fingerprint reader and bios encryption. this is a perfect example of why Lenovo just surpassed Dell as the #2 pc retailer. i for one am sick of hp/dell trying to pass low-quality products in their consumer (home) product lines, and won't be making another purchase from either until they get this straightened out.

time to start researching hardware components for verified linux support. does anyone know whether lenovo is willing to buy back unused windows licenses?

- nathan