I have a Dell XPS 12. It is very much like the Sputnik laptop, but has
a multitouch screen. Multitouch gestures work well as far as moving
windows around, but I only get a single touch in browser windows, and
it registers as a click not a touch. I'm working on a touch enabled
web page so it would be really nice to be able to test it without
reaching over to the tablet with every change. I also get much better
debug info from the desktop browser than the tablet.

For reference this webpage draws a dot for every touch, but nothing
for clicks. Touching it with all five fingers at once gives me 5 dots
on a tablet. I get nothing in Ubuntu.

https://developer.mozilla.org/samples/domref/touchevents.html

Any idea how to make this work? Multitouch gestures wouldn't work at
all if it was a driver, or X.org problem. Firefox has supported it for
a while so I don't think it's their problem. I suspect it's something
catching, and converting the touches.