On Wed, September 10, 2014 2:56 pm, Cody Smith wrote:
> a while back someone here in Salem was looking to start the LUG back up,
> back in either 2011 or 2012 forget who it was, but never heard whether it
> came to fruition or not.
>
> For all we know, the Salem LUG stayed inactive.
>
> --c_smith

I'm guessing not, although I only spent a few minutes on Google searches.
What I found was from 5-10 years ago, except for a Salem hackers group. As
far as I could tell, they still meet, but it didn't seem to me that Linux
is one of their primary interests so I didn't take a close look.

I still have the link for the Yahoo group from many years ago
(https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/salemlug/info). I don't know why it
didn't come up in my search, but it doesn't look like an active LUG
anyway.