me:

c_smith:

me:
>> I'm going to go through the LoCo council and see if they
>> can get it approved. Before I do, any other complaints, concerns or issues
>> from the team?

tgm4883:
> What happened to the old logo? I missed the meeting yesterday, was it
> decided that we needed a new one?

The old ones are actually in that same directory. I mentioned several
meetings ago (perhaps after the meeting even) that I'd like to do
something different since we don't really have anything iconic.
There's this:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-us-or/+junk/logos/view/head:/LoCo_logo02-1.svg
but it doesn't quite look right.

The Heart in Oregon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_in_Oregon) is
something we have seen like everywhere. It's familiar. Frankly, it's
evocative. Oregonians love Oregon and, well, we've got a fair amount
of hippie-dippie love in this state. That makes me think of community.
Which leads me right back to what I think of when I think of the
Circle Of Friends. If we are to really live up to what "ubuntu"
(lowercase) is all about, this is logically consistent.

So that's my thoughts. I'm not saying I'm right, but that's what I was
thinking. Keep the feedback coming. I'm all ears!

--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA