On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:15:47 -0800, Walter Lapchynski <w...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Benjamin Kerensa <bkere...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
Any chance you might ask Canonical legal to just get ubuntu-oregon.org back?
They have done this in the past for other domains that get squatted.

Well, I could be wrong, but I don't think they would be willing to pay
for the domain registration or the hosting. I doubt you want to pay
for it Ben ;)

oregon.ubuntu-us.org includes hosting, right? So if we somehow got ubuntu-oregon.org, couldn't we just set it to redirect to oregon.ubuntu-us.org?

I like the URL as it seems more appropriate. On the other hand, if you
happen to stumble across, say, washington.ubuntu-us.org, you might
wonder if there's an oregon.ubuntu-us.org. The consistency of naming
has a value, I think.

What do you guys think?

I like the idea of having both, but don't know if it's practical. I went to the website of the company that has our old domain "parked" and put in the domain name, but their system's response was something like "sorry it's taken" rather than the "this domain is for sale" that I was expecting.

Thanks,
Patrick