Yesterday evening's Salem Ubuntu meeting was a great success, thanks to
those who attended, as well as those who attended last time.  Sorry I
couldn't make it last time.  I herd last meeting was a great success, with
a few new members showing up.

Members present for Feb 19th meeting:
 James. B
 Cody. S
 Ryan (new member, longtime Linux/Ubuntu user)
 Phil. N

Discussion Topics; Canonical's - Global Ubuntu Day campaign, Release party
for 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus).

*Regarding - Global Ubuntu Day campaign.*
We would like to know, if there is anything in the works for a newspaper
announcement for Global Ubuntu Day that each LoCo could use.  We understand
the *inaugural Ubuntu Day will take place in Milan, Italy*.  Here is a link
to the original "Global Ubuntu Day" announcement.
http://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/01/15/ubuntu-is-coming-to-a-city-near-you/

Q1. In what other city(s) will the Global Ubuntu Day event be held in, and
how can each LoCo be involved?

Our thinking is to have a generic "Global Ubuntu Day" announcement approved
by Canonical, so each LoCo could add (fill in the blank) their own venue.
Name of LoCo event, time and place they regularly meet.  This way each LoCo
could provide their local newspaper with something that's both approved by
Canonical and professional looking.  This would act as a public service
announcement (PSA), which I believe are free, however there maybe size and
or formatting requirements.

Che - Has created some example marketing material and put then up on Spread
Ubuntu at http://spreadubuntu.org/, and also on his Google drive at
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bze0ebspiCtkbmtGQ3REbVJIOEk&usp=sharing.
For convince I've copied Che's links, which he originaly emailed to
everyone on January 24th, into this email.  Hope that's O.K with Che...

Flyer 1
http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/brochure/ubuntu-information-flyer-1?nocache=1

Flyer 2
http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/brochure/ubuntu-information-flyer-2?nocache=1

Che has done a great job creating and grouping them together for future
use. - Thanks Che.

Q2. Is there a "Global Ubuntu Day" announcement approved by Canonical that
is already in the works?

Q3. And can each LoCo use it for their own local newspaper announcement?

Could Walter, or someone please advise. - Thanks.

*Regarding - release party for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Xenial Xerus.*

As most of you already know, Ubuntu 16.04 is set to be released on April
21st, 2016.  And it's a Long Term Support (LTS) release, which only happens
every couple of years... so

Q4. Are we going to hold a release party, and if so, where in Portland?

By unanimous vote during Friday's Salem Ubuntu hour, we would be happy to
travel to Portland for a LTS release party. Especially if Ben would be
willing to get permission to hold release party a Mozilla. ;-)

Ben, Walter, could you please check on this and advise. - Thanks.

Much thanks everyone.
Phil. N

* Sent from a system running Ubuntu  *