Hello, everyone

After some talk, and some thinking on my end, Me and Walter have agreed to me
taking over leadership of the LoCo. This came up when I asked if we should move
the LoCo chat from IRC to Matrix (Possibly the official Ubuntu Matrix server),
I still intend to make that move unless there are objections to that. Matrix
has some clear advantages of IRC. And is more modern (and having it under
control of Canonical or the community should make it more resilient to hostile
takeovers like what happened with freenode)

I also think I might start up Ubuntu Hours again if weekends provide enough
time for me to get the prerequisite stuff done when I'm not working or in
transit. Not even close to 100% decided on that.

I mentioned to Walter that it might be a decent idea to get some help with
leadership tasks, something he thought was a good idea, so I'm putting out a
call for additional help with that here. if anyone is willing to help out with
LoCo leadership tasks, please respond to this email.

All in all, I do want to try and revive the LoCo, but I feel I'll need some
assistance with that considering I'm one person with pretty limited time
outside of weekends and holidays and also with limited transit capabilities
outside the Salem/Keizer area. Doesn't mean I won't try.

Thank you,
c_smith

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.