On 09/04/2012 12:30 PM, James Page wrote:

I've attached a sample VM XML file that you can try. It includes two network interfaces, and sets the cdrom device to present as a usb device on sda. It doesn't look like it's currently working on the precise desktop image, so we may need to make some tweaks. It does work on the alternate image, however. This is also just me using a CD ISO and telling libvirt it's a USB disk, so maybe desktop will work with an actual USB disk. In any case, both of these things can be handled by customizing the VM XML passed to the current code. If we need more options for them, I can work on integrating those.

Max
<!--
  Copyright (C) 2010-2012, Canonical Ltd (http://www.canonical.com/)

  This file is part of utah.

  utah is free software: you can redistribute it
  and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
  as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of
  the License, or (at your option) any later version.

  utah is distributed in the hope that it will
  be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty
  of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the

  along with ubuntu-server-iso-testing.  If not, see
  <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
-->
<domain type='qemu'>
  <name>Utah Example</name>
  <uuid>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</uuid>
  <memory>524288</memory>
  <currentMemory>524288</currentMemory>
  <vcpu>1</vcpu>
  <os>
    <type arch='i686' machine='pc'>hvm</type>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
    <pae/>
  </features>
  <clock offset='utc'/>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <target dev='sda' bus='usb'/>
      <readonly/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='1' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <interface type='network'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:3e:92:26'/>
      <source network='default'/>