On 12/14/2012 09:53 PM, Joe Talbott wrote:
All,

I've been looking into the failing ceph tests as noted here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/utah/+bug/1085835

I'm proposing this patch as a potential fix.  I haven't been able to
reproduce this locally but what Paul found last night looks just like
the post I linked to in the bug.

In the long term I think we need to raise the priority of fixing the
result class to output command logs in real-time and only write the YAML
summary data at the end of the run.

You could use a Queue and a Thread to implement a FIFO, then dequeue in a loop and write where you want. You would avoid filling the output buffer and could write to stdout and a file simultaneously.

Here is something I use for jhbuild runs where output can be huge (tens of MB)
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jibel/charms/quantal/jhbuild/trunk/view/head:/files/bin/jhbuild-update#L191

Thanks,
Joe

--