Hi, I'm currently trying to understand the impact (and number of
affected users) of a certain -ati lockup bug that some of you may or may
not be affected by.

@Julien Aubin, @Heinrich Janzing, @Jose Bernardo, @Thomas Lauckner,
@Bojan Kostić, @Tomasz Czapiewski, @Wolfgang Jeltsch, @juhuu, @lanzen,
@jpkx1984, @jpkx1984, @DA, @Gobnuts, @aboaboit, @3ntix, @humufr, @aya, @Lafa,

It would be extremely useful if the people listed above booted the ubuntu
jaunty live CD (not kubuntu) on their computers with ATI graphics cards, and
then tried opening the website http://mundoplus.tv/ to see if that locks up
your machines.
Booting from the live CD is nice because it means we can be absolutely sure
that you are all using the exact same software for testing and that no
configuration files or remains from upgraded intrepid installtions taint the
results of this test.

If your machine does does indeed lockup when you visit
http://mundoplus.tv/ using Firefox, then please post a confirmation as a
comment and when confirming please also include the output of "lspci -nn
| grep VGA".

Thank you.

--
Kubuntu freezes when desktop effects are enabled
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in ubuntu.