To me it sounds like gcolor2 should just ship it's own copy in a file
called /usr/share/gcolor2/predefined_colors.txt or similar? The gcolor2
package hasn't been modified in ubuntu since 2006 and 0.4 is still the
latest upstream release, so I think you should just prepare a debdiff
that drops a patch in the debian/patches for this ubuntu package (and
the CC it to debian maybe).

You can find step by step instructions on how to prepare a debdiff here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Recipes/Debdiff

Once you have attached a debdiff to the bug, request sponsporship for upload by
subscribing the MOTU team:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess

--
missing "/etc/X11/rgb.txt" file and broken link to it
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.