Verveloper: You raise very valid points here,  probably we could have
made a much better work.

However, as this appeared very late at the release cycle,  several
countermeasures were taken in order to minimize the impact of this
freeze bugs; including Release Notes, blacklisting driver for Compiz,
involving upstream directly into this bug, several Ubuntu developers
working *and affected* with this, again, probably this wasn't enough.

But, the beauty thing here, is that everyone had learned a lot, and at
the coming UDS there will be a specific session to discuss this
situation and please be assured that your concern would be discussed
there as well.

We do believe in Open Source, we do believe that we made software for
Human Beings and our hope is that Ubuntu would help *a lot* in spreading
Linux around the world.  Things like this only teach us about how to
accomplish this  vision.

--
[i965] X freezes starting on April 3rd
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.