Just adding a "me too". I chose to download the debian version and
overwrite the bad one. I'm hoping there'll be an update soon which will
then overwrite that with the proper one.

$ :~/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers$ lspci |grep -i vga
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Banshee (rev
03)

$ :~/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 736.445
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 mmx fxsr sse up
bogomips        : 1472.89
clflush size    : 32
power management:

--
[Jaunty] X won't start on Voodoo 3 (rev 01) after upgrade to jaunty
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-tdfx in ubuntu.