Hi Bryce,

it has become a bit more complicated: after activation of a ppa
repository, the blue screen is fixed on both systems, but a "black
screen" showed up on one of them.

The activated repository - the same on both - is :
http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

The xorg.conf is also the same empty default - except that the zap
option is enabled - on both.

The system 2 (atom330) works flawlessly with both mythtv-frontend showing
TV and totem playing an mpg videofile, even simultaneously. The lspci is
attached as atom330_lspci_-vvnn.txt.

The system 1 (aa1) also allows playing mpg with totem and mythtv-
frontend does show a proper TV picture, but after a while (~ 5 to 20
min) the screen turns black while the sound continues. Restarting X via
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace works as noticed by the login jingle, but no screen
picture whatsoever. I can change to a terminal via Ctrl-Alt-F1 and text
is shown. I can kill and restart X via commands, but then still the
X-screen remains black.

I tried reproducing the blue screen by forcing the original jaunty
driver xserver-xorg-video-intel, but no blue screen while the same black
screen. (maybe the libdrm* and libgl* files are actually the culprits?)

Attached next are the lspci -vvnn output and the Xorg.0.log.old (with the black
screen crash) and Xorg.0.log (after reboot) all from the aa1.

By the way: on the aa1 everything is fine when running EasyPeasy 1.1
(~intrepid) and also when running karmic from an installation on a USB stick.
On the latter I successfully ran two separate mythtv frontends simultaneously
each showing a separate TV channel for several hours, and all via wlan! (but it
can't find the mpg2 drivers for totem)

** Attachment added: "atom330_lspci_-vvnn.txt"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/26946568/atom330_lspci_-vvnn.txt

--
[ubuntu jaunty] Blue Screen (w. death) on intel-video
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.