Mauro, we generally prefer to have the files and outputs as attachements
to the bug reports, not pasted into the comments. Your Xorg.0.log files
terminate rather abruptly. Is this really all there is? If you use the
standard jaunty version (2.6.3) or the one from x-updates (2.7.1) does
it also terminate right after printing the resource ranges?

I see you are using the server kernel. Does it also happen if you use
the desktop kernel?

What exactly happens when you use the intel driver? Do you see the login
screen at all? Are you dropped to failsafe mode automatically? If it
hangs, how does the screen look, does the mouse pointer move and does
CapsLock still turn on and off the LED on the keyboard?

--
Only VESA mode after upgrade to jaunty
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.