Did experience on Intrepid->Jaunty Upgrade; however, I've done a clean
install of Jaunty—unrelated—and it still occasionally affects me.
Possibly with lower frequency.

Laptop. Toshiba Tecra A9 with one of many processors denoted "Centrino
Duo" (Santa Rosa according to Wikipedia). Intel x3100 graphics.

To be fair, something similar occurred on this system in Intrepid and (I
think) in Hardy, with a very low occurrence rate. The same temp fixes
I've used with this one, I learned previously from previous
distributions. My trouble determining how to reproduce and properly
describe the bug prevented an earlier report. Those and the relatively
low occurrence rate.

@Yann I'd like to try that, but I'ven't any lines in xorg.conf related
to synaptics devices since HAL seems to have taken over input.

--
Focus gets stuck to a window - impossible to select other windows
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.