Hi Marcin,

I'm a bit confused on your last comment; you said "there is Direct
Rendering any more", do you mean there is *no* Direct Rendering, or that
there *is* direct rendering?

CPU load on X is not always due to X itself; often it is an application
thing (such as KDE).  It would be interesting to see if you can
reproduce that issue on Xubuntu or even Ubuntu using a LiveCD.  If you
can reproduce it on either of those then we should consider it an X bug,
otherwise maybe KDE or Qt is interacting badly with KMS for some reason.

Can you please attach dmesg as well, in case it is a kernel/X issue?

--
[945G/GZ] Kubuntu: no direct rendering (KMS bug)
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.