@Bryce: Should those experiencing this bug apply the patch you've
provided? I guess that's supposed to replace the workaround script
provided by Bartek?

Being unfamiliar with launchpad, I also wanted to check that I'm
understanding the status correctly: this bug is fixed for Karmic, but
not for Jaunty... is a fix planned for Jaunty? Is it possible to get
some bleeding-edge <whatever that debdiff patches, which I think is x>
in Jaunty, even if it's not "official"?

--
[i915GM] MTRR entry gets removed when restarting xorg - causes corruption on
ttys