Public bug reported:

Hi,

After some test with Jaunty and KMS/xorg-edgers for Intel I switched to
Karmic Alpha with latest update + Intel from xorg-edgers + i915-kms.conf
+ update-initramfs.

Results are:
1) KMS is ON and is fine really but needed to do manual init-ramfs rebuild as
without it (only options i915 modeset=1 in i915-kms.conf file) kernel's got
ooops.
2) There is NO Direct Rendering any more in X - please find ubuntu-bug report
in attachment

Perhaps UXA is not used at this time however I read that UXA in enabled
by default in edgers?

Thanks,
Marcin

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
no Direct Rendering in Karmic with KMS and xorg-edgers
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.