Conn, I could not find your full Xorg log, you seem to have only posted
your grep via "mouse". Could you run the following commands that Andreas
had suggested to me previously?

grep -c Synaptics /var/log/Xorg.0.log

lshal | grep -c input.touchpad

If the 2 commands produce a number higher than 1, can you then post the
information from the following commands?

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep Synaptics

lshal | grep input.touchpad

PS: Sorry if we hijacked your bug report, I was under the assumption
that you did what I did.. which was assume synaptics would be listed as
a "mouse" and therefore be displayed on a grep. Realizing I had no tap-
click or scroll, I decided to run a search for it and found this bug
report, ran the same command you did, which produced the same results
and never even looked at my whole Xorg.0.log file. If you do not have
the synaptics driver at all, perhaps myself or some others can help you
out.

--
[Karmic] Touchpad not recognised correctly, synaptics driver not in use
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.