WORKAROUND:
I found a workaround based on the hints at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome#Problems%20and%20solutions . When
I set the virtual size of the display to 1024x768 then the screen is displayed
correctly and the mouse cannot leave the visible area so there is no corrupted
display of the mouse pointer.

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
  SubSection "Display"
          Virtual 1024 768
  EndSubSection
EndSection

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log with Virtual 10x4 768"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/27911962/Xorg.0.log-Virtual-1024-768

--
[K8M800] mouse pointer corruptly displayed at the bottom of the X screen
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in ubuntu.