Instead of this complicated procedure you can just use drivers from my ppa ;]
They are built from the head of display-port branch.
Most probably the reason why you can't use display-port branch above commit
from April 30th is that libdrm from x-updates you are using is stripped from
necessary header files. They are however present in package from my ppa.

Cheers

  Morg

--
[G45] No DisplayPort support in -intel driver
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.