just installed 9.10 Alpha 2 to test . Latest Intel video driver works great
except one thing.
When I try to change tv format via  "xrandr --output TV --set TV_FORMAT PAL"  x
server restarts itself and shows login screen without changing tv format... TV
Format stucks with NTSC ... Whatever I do it's not working.
Xrandr was working great on Jaunty Jack.

Karmic Koala works on intel gma 950 chipset laptop.

Release:        9.10 Alpha 2

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
Xrandr doesn`t change tv format and logsout user
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/393065