Bug still occurs on Ubuntu 9.04 with NVIDIA driver 180.44.

I haven't seen the bug as frequently as in the past but it's still there
and still happens with the testcase I posted where you pull the top of a
terminal down after a "clear" command.

I don't want to try a more recent driver because I'm using a production
machine and the last time I used the NVIDIA installer it borked my
dependencies.

--
terminal output frequently not current or blank
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-177 in ubuntu.