I'm using Linux as my main operating system on my laptop for the first
time, though I've used Linux on and off in various ways since 1997. So I
was wondering how I can understand in greater detail the status of
certain defects. To me this defect is quite high. I am a software
engineer so I understand that performance issues will always take a back
seat, but can we know that this defect is likely to be fixed in version
X of the xserver-xorg-video-ati package even though it's a kind of limbo
state. My best guess it that the fix will be incorporated at some point
but I don't want the bug to 'expire' in 50 days.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

** Converted to question:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+question/76433

--
[HD 3650] poor performance when using compositing window manager
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in ubuntu.