xserver 1.10 doesn't exist yet, and the ABI it's going to use won't be
frozen until 1.10 RC2 (a.k.a 1.9.99.902) is released.  Until then, the
NVIDIA driver can't assume that the ABI won't change in the future.

I pinged the people responsible for releases, but didn't hear anything
back.  The official xserver 1.10 release is scheduled for Friday the
18th, according to my calendar, so hopefully RC2 will be soon.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in ubuntu.

  [Natty] Need X-server 1.10-compatible nvidia driver (xorg-edgers ppa)