There's an update from Mandriva source

* Wed Feb 09 2011 Paulo Ricardo Zanoni <pzan...@mandriva.com>
0.9.1-1.20091203.8mdv2011.0
+ Revision: 637005
- Update driver to new API

Why xorg team won't look at this? Did you notice that's there's still
quite lot of user using SIS? Even i'm still have another notebook and PC
to work on. But i'm still thinking that SIS user need some love here.
Mandriva developer still try to improve the driver. I hope xorg team
will take a look about this. I guess most SIS user agree that they don't
need any 3D support since it's impossible. At least support for 2D
acceleration and native resolution.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-sis in ubuntu.

  [needs-packaging] no working driver for sis 671/771 video cards