I wonder if it's possible to ship both xf86-video-ati-6.12.4-3 and
current 6.13.0-1, and then use probe to see if the graphics card is on a
blacklist-with-xf86-video-ati-6.13.0 list?  If it matches, the load
6.12.4-3 instead.  Alternatively, maybe we could link Jockey into the
update-alternatives framework, jockey detects the blacklisted card, and
notifies the user.  The user clicks a few buttons, and *bam*, Ubuntu
10.04 finally starts to deliver some LTS quality.

On the other hand, shouldn't we be able to easily inherit Debian Squeeze's fix
for this, if it exists?  Would rebuilding Debian's 6.13.1 package suffice?
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg-video-ati

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in ubuntu.

  [RV200] ATI graphics corruption with compiz on XAA