** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  I'm extending my laptop monitor with a native resolution of 1366×768
  with an external display with a native resolution of 1280×1024. This
  situation is poorly handled.

  Here's a representation of my setup, which I mirrored in the Monitor
  configuration:

  ╔════════╤════════╗
  ║░░░░░░░░│▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
  ║░░░░░░░░│▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
  ╟────────┘▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
  ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
  ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
  ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
  ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓┌───────╢
  ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓│░░░░░░░║
  ╚═════════╧═══════╝

  ▓ laptop monitor
  ▒ external monitor
  ░ area that is not covered by any monitor
  ═ shape of the virtual desktop
  ─ shape of the area that is actually covered by monitors

  The ░ area should not be eligible for mouse placement and desktop icon
- placement, but it is in Ubuntu 10.10 under GNOME. (Other desktop systems
- may also be affected but I didn't try them yet.)
+ placement, but it is in Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 under GNOME (including
+ Unity). Other desktop systems may also be affected but I didn't try them
+ all.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
  Package: gnome (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-22.33-generic 2.6.35.4
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Fri Oct  8 13:40:37 2010
  ProcEnviron:
-  PATH=(custom, user)
-  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
+  PATH=(custom, user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: meta-gnome2

which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.

  Desktop icons and the mouse may reside in areas that are covered by no
  monitor.