I tried to implement this today, and I think the input module tweaks to
synaptics aren't too bad. However, I realized that many more tweaks
would be needed to the server as well. I'm not comfortable adding in
this much change this late in the cycle, so I'm going to change this bug
so that it is about disabling semi-multitouch device support in natty.

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu Natty)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.

  Semi-multitouch devices should be handled properly