I'm also seeing the freeze and the errors posted by Marcello Romani.

I have Intel DH57JG board with i5 650 processor.  Nothing else on the
board (using the integrated graphics).

Using Ubuntu 10.10 and 2.6.35-28-generic.

This issue progressed for me to the point where it would occur very
frequently and even when only booted into BIOS.  Intel suspected a board
problem and replaced it but I'm still seeing the issue, though not as
frequently with the new board.  I've only had the replacement about a
month so time will tell if the performance degrades again.  I may also
looking into trying a different processor.

  [clarkdale] Xorg freeze