Hi Bryce,

I am not sure how ubuntu team is fixing the problems reported, i mean
what is the process?
A bug was reported but I was being asked multiple times to test with
newer versions without actually understanding what would have caused
the bug at the first place? IMHO, simply going to a newer version of
some driver would not mean the problem is auto-magically fixed.

I have only one desktop machine, and when fedora 11 comes i installed
that and put the latest nvidia driver in FC repository, the problem
still persists so I decided to go back using noveua nvdiia
implementation which is running perfectly so far.

The problem is in newer versions nvidia driver (> 173.x ) itself,
someone has to examine the dumps and find the problem and fix and then
ask to test the new version.

Thanks,
- Basit

--
System (64 bit ) hangs in ubuntu 9.04 Beta
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.