hi people,

yesterday I received a new better machine from my Dad with this nvidia
GeForce 8400 GS graphic card. I am just on installing LinuxMint 10 on
it. Just after installing the reboot without having the propriatory
driver installed works fine. But if I install this driver (current-
version as recommended) then the display-resolution is way too big. But
if I want to change that in nvidia-settings, I receive the message, that
I sould edit my nvidia-xorg-conf as root and then restart my xserver.
But if I open this document as root (as stated in this massage), then I
only see an empty document on my screen. So my next question would be:
how to edit this nvidia-xorg-conf?   My Monitor is this model:

Acer x193w 16:9 (widescreen)

So what do I have to do, to get my screen-resolution fixed?? The
resolution after installation of this nvidia-driver is way to big and
looks horrible on my screen.

So I really need help!!

Thick Greetings
Linuxexperte

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Black screen after installing Nvidia drivers on 10.10