Public bug reported:

This seems to be only a problem on Zotac 9300-ITX Board with integrated Nvidia
9300 GPU.
I always use x-swat PPA for newest nvidia drivers, but the last update seems to
have broken these integrated GPUs.
This is a bug report for https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/

I always stuck after plymouth, recovery mode with failsafeX does work.

260.19.06 works fine, 270.29-0ubuntu1~maverick~xup2 brakes it.

I also did try different xorg options, also including often mentioned
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "ignoreABI" "True"
EndSection

but none of them did help.

it always stops with a kernel NULL pointer dereference, see kern.log for
more details.

I also searched for this bug, the only thread I found about it is in a
german forum, also from a Zotac 9300-ITX user http://www.vdr-
portal.de/index.php?page=Thread&postid=984729

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 9300 9300-itx bug hang nvidia zotac

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu hangs after plymouth