I see corruption as well, when I right click on the desktop I often get
this result:

http://i.imgur.com/Ou9QJ.png

As you can see, parts of the window and panel aren't redrawn (and they
probably shouldn't be, the menu never covered the window nor the panel).
The artifacts persists until I force the panel and window to redraw by
moving them around or switching workspace. It seems to happen more often
when I right click in the lower left corner of the desktop.

I also often get some strange results when a window is set to "always on
top" and "visible on all workspaces" and I switch workspace:

http://i.imgur.com/Vdr0x.png

The problem completely disappears when I start a compositing manager.

  graphical corruption with multiple drivers and classic desktop