I downloaded  the latest trunk from openchrome.org (svn co
http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk openchrome) and changed the
arguments in function viaReputImage to match the arguments xserver 1.10
is passing.

Then i basically followed steps 1 & 2 at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome to compile and install the
driver.

Then i restarted the computer and mplayer worked fine.  I'm now able to
move it around and work with the window with no crashes.  However, I've
only been using it a couple of hours, so YMMV.

I've attached the changed via_video.c file.  If anyone wants to give it
a try, you should just replace via_video.c with this one and then make
and make install.

** Attachment added: "via_video.c"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome/+bug/760743/+attachment/2094292/+files/via_video.c

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in Ubuntu.

  Xorg crashes when a player plays a video