I have the same problem (Refer to Ubuntu Question #156639.

MYTHBUNTU 11.04 - boots to blank screen

    Mythbuntu
    Questions
    Question #156239

Asked by Roy Gilby on on 2011-05-06

I recently upgraded a Mythbuntu 10.10 frontend to 11.04. On all reboots
after installation, the system booted to a blank screen, but from disk
activity light and successful LAN access to NFS shares, the system is
alive.

Hardware is a Gigabyte Motherboard GA-H55N-USB3.  It uses the Intel H55
chipset with an Intel i5 processor, and on-board intell H55 video to
HDMI.

If I boot into recovery mode from GRUB, and select "failsafeX", followed
by "reconfigure graphics" and "create new configuration from this
hardware", and then "restart X", I am able to log in and use the system
BUT, the problem recurs at each reboot.

I have now done a clean install from the 11.04 Mythbuntu ISO on the same
computer, and have exactly the same problems as I had when I did the
upgrade to 11.04 from 10.10.

I have attached a copy of "failsafeX-backup..."in case that would be
helpful.

** Attachment added: "copy of failsafeX backup tar file"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/758794/+attachment/2119369/+files/failsafeX-backup-110506173427.tar

  HDMI black screen on Intel Clarkdale