Same here. Clean 11.04 installation, all I did was to enable Partners
and then I updated the system. No programs or repositories added. Then,
I received the error:

 wayland : Depends: libcairo2-dev (>= 1.10.2-2) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

So, I installed libcairo2-dev, but it didnt help, the error is the still
the same.

I EMPHASIZE that it is a CLEAN INSTALL without anything added!!!

which is subscribed to wayland in Ubuntu.

  Can't install wayland