Just wanted to add that I'm still getting one crash per boot.  With my
current usage this means about one crash per day.  The crash usually
happens on opening a new tab in Firefox, hitting enter in the CLI to
execute a command, or opening a file in Netbeans.

After this crash, I have to log in again but then the system is
completely stable.

It's possible that this could also be hardware related (as in, hardware
failure).  Running a 3d game in Windows Vista on this machine
occasionally crashes the game, but it's not an every day occurrence--I
see it once a week or less.

  "Fatal Error: No screens found" in xorg.o.log