I experiences a different bug that may be linked to this one : when I plug my
TV on external VGA display, gnome monitors settings shows only 640x480,
800x600, 1024x768 as possible dimensions for my TV.
It is a regression, because under Maverick, I can set 1366x768 and other 16/9
dimensions. A workaround is using xrandr commands to force a new mode.

Does this interrest you ?

  [arrandale] external VGA output doesn't output anything (i686)