Binary package hint: update-manager

I have tried this during two out of two distribution upgrade to Natty on two
different laptop computers. One has Nvidia graphic card and the other has ATI.
In both cases the error appeared when trying to restart and initialize the
graphical interface to complete the distribution upgrade. In first case it
showed the (for me very familiar now) error message saying that the screen
driver is missing and that the graphical interface cannot be started. In the
second case it just seemed to freeze when initializing some processes while
further up on the list complaining that automatic error reports failed somehow
(doesn't seem to be important, but unfortunately I don't know where to get the
boot log from in case it has relevance, so saying what I remember).
Now, in both cases the only thing needed was to reboot the computer and go to
fail-safe mode to reinstall the graphics driver (respectively Nvidia and ATI,
but same process) from the restricted drivers menu and restart. After that it
enters Unity perfectly.

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

--
Missing graphic card driver makes boot fail after dist upgrade
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/784449