kopwie it would help to know the model and product ID.  The model is on
the back of the tablet and you can get the product ID by entering
'lsusb' in a console.  The Wacom line will contain the product ID,
please post it.

Connor you've ruled out a hardware problem with the buttons, and since
the mouse driver works for them, implicated xf86-input-wacom.  In your
Xorg logs I don't see an error related to the button freeze.  I see a
lot of activity around multiple repeats of:

[  1044.700] (EE) Wacom Graphire4 4x5 stylus: Error reading wacom device
: No such device

Which is, I assume, you hot plugging the tablet after a button freeze.
If it is xf86-input-wacom let's see if we can get a trace of the error
in the Xorg logs by adding debug statements to the 50-wacom.conf usb
snippet.  Add:

Option "CommonDBG" "12"
Option "DebugLevel" "12"

under the  Driver "wacom"  line.  We may need to set up a dependent
device snippet for "pad" and use DebugLevel in it.  But let's try this
first.

which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in Ubuntu.

  USB Graphire4 pad buttons stop working after pen input