Hey All. I'm a big ubuntu fan and I've been facing this  problem as
well. I'm not a programmer or anything, I'm just a user. I currently
have Ubuntu 11.04. Sadly, the problem continues over the years.

Mahmoud Kassem
"I do not see why it is a huge problem for the users, use the same replace
concept when typing for now."

I know your point, but it is very inconvenient. Especially if you want
to encourage more Arabs to get into linux realm. Trust me, such a small
bug has a huge impact on the visual attraction. You don't want to make
lame Windows be better, do you? ^_^

Anyway, I'm here to confirm the continue of this issue.

which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  Arabic typing words with symbol ﻻ are not joint